Ayurvedva & Panchkarma Department of Jeevan Jyoti Hospital is well managed and has proved to be a result oriented department in the field of musculoskeletal, hepatobiliary and neurological diseases.
AYUSH: Jeevan Jyoti Charitable Trust has been given the responsibility by Ministry of Health & Family Welfare, New Delhi under the centrally sponsorship scheme to propagate Ayurveda and Panchkarma in eastern UP
Ayurveda is reputed as one of the most ancient holistic medical system existing today. Ayurveda means science of life (Ayur means life and Veda means knowledge).
Panchkarma therapy is one of the important branch of Ayurveda which deals mainly with purification of the provocated doshas from the body. These doshas (toxins and waste material) should be purified from natural as well as nearest root of body.
Aims & Objectives of Panchkarma:
- To treat the diseased person with various purifactory procedures.
- To prevent diseases by enhancing the non-specific nutrients against all diseases.
- To attain Rasayana and Vajikarana properties.
- To maintain the health of healthy individual.
Panchkarma is five types of therapeutics which is mainly eliminative in action. They are as follows:
- Vamana - use of emetics
- Virechana - use of purgatives
- Basti – medical enemas
- Nasya – Nasal administration
- Raktmokshna – Blood letting
It is the process by which elimination of vitiated doshas from the stomach and whole body is done through mouth.
The antitoxins which are present in stomach, in cells and tissues of entire body are eliminated by the vaman therapy.
Vaman is indicated in all types of kapha predominate disease. They are Kasa (cough), Swasa ( asthama), Amlapitta ( Hyperacidity), Apasmare (Epilepsy), Kusha (Skin diseases), Medorage (Obesity) etc.
Virechana is a process by which doshas are made to pass through adhomarga i.e. Anus. Its is said to indicated in Jwara, Prameha, Pandu, Kustha, Gulma.
The process in which the medicated oil or decoction is administered in to the Pakwashaya or Garbhashaya or Mutrashaya with the help of basti yantra is known as basti. Indicated in all types of Vata Vyadhies, Sandhivata, Amavata, Osteoporosis, A vascular Necrosis etc.
It is a process by which the medicated oil or churna is administered through the nostril is known as Nasya Karma.
Nasya is said to be very useful in the diseases of upper part of the Neck. Indicated in stiffness in Neck, Sinusitis, Trigeminal Neuralgia, Headache, Facial Paralysis etc.
Raktamokshan is one of the best therapies mentioned in the Ayurvedic Classics for Raktavikaras and Pitaja Rogas. It is indicated in all skin disorders, wound, tumors etc.
Pouring of fluid like decoction, medicated oil, medical milk, medicated butter milk, water etc. Over head continuously for a specific period is known as Shirodhara. Selection of fluids or oils depends upon the disease and condition of the patient.
It is very helpful in Headache, Hypertension, Polio, Seizures, Depression and in anxious patients.
Pouring comfortably warm medicated oil liberally over the body followed by gentle massage. It is very efficacious in fractures, dislocation of joints, pain & stiffness of the limbs, vata born diseases as hemiplegia, paralysis rheumatic complaint. Kaya Seka is also useful in women’s disorders.
It is process by which the oil is kept over the head for certain period with the help of leather cap. It is of use in loss of sensation of the skin, Insomnia, Dryness in the mouth etc.
Fix the ring with the help of paste on the lesion of spinal cord. Then pour Lukewarm medicated oil with the help of cotton and kept for 20-20 minutes duration. The temperature of the oil must be maintained. It is useful in Back ache, Sciatica (Grudhrasi)
It is the process of keeping the snehan in the eye with the help of masha pisti indicated in burning eyes, pain in eyes, glaucoma, ulcer etc.
It is the procedure by which the warm medicated oil or ghee is poured in to the ears. It prevents the carina of vata disorder. It relieves from sounds of the ears.
Shastika Shail Pinda Sweda is an important fomentation for the patients who are getting emaciation in their muscles and also very useful for those who are having deformities in their joints. It checks the emaciation and gives strength to the muscles and ligaments, Indicated in Pakshaghata ( Paralysis), Pangu (Paraplegia) & Sandhivata ( osteoarthritis).
The process by which the patient is made to bath in the medicated decoction, oil or ghee in a tub is known as Avagaha Swedan.
It is very useful in whole bodyache, muscular pain & pains of vertebral column.
It is the process by which the person body is oleated with medicated oil with specific pressures and movements. Properties of massage – It enhance age. It endures sleep. It helps undefined mechanism and provides more resistance against diseases. It relieves the weakness.
Massage in opposite direction with twisting the body like a creeper. This massage is done in opposite direction of hair follicles with high pressure. It improves the skin complexity. It reduces body fat.
Application of medicated paste on the body is known as Lepan.
- General Surgery & Surgical Super Specialties
- The Minimal Invasive Surgery Centre at “Jeevan Jyoti Hospital", the first of its kind in Allahabad is functioning with exclusive focus on evaluation, development and expansion of procedures / techniques in minimal invasive or key hole surgery.
- Obstetrics & Gynaecology
- Antenatal Care:
We offer antenatal checkups with antenatal and parent craft classes are specially designed for mother to be and fathers to be in preparing for the task ahead, both physically and psychologically.
- Well Women's Clinic
- Well women’s Clinic is basically a non-commercial global concept with a commitment to provide quality health care in a safe, nurturing environment to improve physical, psychological and emotional ‘well-being’ of women right from adolescence to menopause under one roof. It is committed to make women healthier and happier.
- Department of Dental
- The Department offers the following services:
- Cosmetic and Silver Restorations
- Root Canal Treatment and Crowns (Porcelain, Metal & Acrylic)
- Complete dentures, partial dentures, cast partial dentures and bridges
- Pediatrics & Neonatology
- The Department of Paediatrics & Neonatology offers comprehensive and advanced services to children. The department offer full-fledged in-patients and outpatient services.
- Internal Medicine & Medical Specialties
- Department of Internal Medicine at Jeevan Jyoti hospital has experienced and talented specialists to deal with all spectrums of diseases ranging from common cold to critical illnesses like septicemia & multi-organ dysfunction.
- What is Tele-Medicine?
Tele-Medicine generally refers to the use of communications and information technologies for the delivery of clinical care at remote places. It is the combination of technologies, medical practices and medical specialist organized and connected with each other to provide health care services.
- Diagnostic Services
- Jeevan Jyoti Hospital has the most sophisticated and advanced technologies for the diagnostic purposes. In the safe hands of the best team of doctors and technicians, these latest technologies yield excellent outcomes, which in turn help in the speedy recovery of the patients.
- Cardiac Care Unit
- The department of cardiology of JJH is managed by highly skilled cardiologist. The department is dedicated to provide profile access to common cardiac problems by conducting awareness programs and routine health checks to the beneficiaries.
- Nephrology Unit
- The department nephrology at Jeevan Jyoti Hospital is the pioneer department amongst the private hospitals of this region. We have round the clock emergency services in nephrology under supervision of senior consultant. The hospital is providing facilities of:
- Ayurveda & Panchkarma
- Ayurvedva & Panchkarma Department of Jeevan Jyoti Hospital is well managed and has proved to be a result oriented department in the field of musculoskeletal, hepatobiliary and neurological diseases.
- Orthopaedics & Joint Replacement
- Jeevan Jyoti Hospital is providing its services in the field of Orthopedics & Joint Replacement at a comprehensive level and it includes treatment of trauma patients, fractures, joints, ligaments and soft tissues.
- Trauma Centre
- Accident & Emergency services at Jeevan Jyoti Hospital
Increasing modernization and traffic is dangerously increasing the density of vehicles per km which is leading to an increase in road traffic accidents. Deaths and permanent disability caused due to Trauma or Road Traffic Accidents can be prevented if the victim is brought to a well equipped Trauma Centre. Considering the frequent road mishaps, the government has planned to open the major trauma centre in the near vicinity of the highways.
- Department of ENT
- Our ENT Department is equipped with state of the art diagnostic and therapeutic modalities
- Department of Ophthalmology
- The Department is fully equipped with the latest state of the art equipment and has an extremely eminent faculty.
- Pulmonary Medicine
- Common diseases
- Department of Anaesthesiology
- The department of anaesthesia at Jeevan Jyoti hospital aims for enhancing quality of patient care not only in operation theatres and surgical intensive care unit but includes preoperative patient status evaluation and follow up after early postoperative recovery.