Head of Department - Dr. Arpit Bansal
Bariatric surgery at Jeevan Jyoti Hospital is performed by one of the best bariatric surgeon Dr. Arpit Bansal and his team. Bariatric surgery (weight loss surgery) includes a variety of procedures performed on people who have obesity. Weight loss is achieved by reducing the size of the stomach with a gastric band or through removal of a portion of the stomach (sleeve gastrectomy or biliopancreatic diversion with duodenal switch) or by resecting and re-routing the small intestine to a small stomach pouch (gastric bypass surgery).
What is Obesity? :
Obesity is the excessive accumulation of fat that exceeds the body's skeletal and physical standards. The National Institute of Health (NIH) states that excessive weight becomes a health hazard when it is 20 percent or more above ideal body weight. Patient with serious health risk are susceptible to serious diseases like heart disease, respiratory diseases or even infertility. It can result in either significant physical disability or even death.
Causes of Obesity:
Obesity can be caused due to various reasons like changed lifestyles, energy dense diets, low level of physical activity, environmental factors, heredity, psychological and cultural influences and many others.
- Heredity : Genes may increase vulnerability to obesity
- Metabolic Factors : Obesity is directly linked to a slow metabolism or reduced metabolic activity
- Endocrinological factors : This is a rare occurrence and contributes to less than 1% of all weight gain in the world.
- Hypothyroidism : Hypogonadism in men and Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome in women are closely associated with obesity.
- Medication : Certain drugs may contribute to weight gain, such as corticosteroids, sulfonylureas for diabetes, steroidal contraceptives and anticonvulsants such as valproate used in epileptic therapy. Antipsychotics, antidepressants, mood stabilizers like lithium are medicines that have weight gain as a side effect.
- Psychological Factors : Though psychological factors play a minor role in the development of obesity, they are important in relation to responses to treatment. For example, many patients reduce depressive symptoms by eating. These people may gain weight with one episode of depression and increase it with the next. Further, concepts of dietary restraints, body image dissatisfaction and binge eating disorders have been intimately linked to the increase in obesity.
- Dietary Factors : An increase in caloric intake, changes in lifestyle, food systems and increased portion sizes, eating out frequently also leads to increased calorie intakes as one meal served in restaurants and fast food outlets exceeds a person's caloric needs for the entire day.
Why Choose Our Hospital ? :
Our Bariatric Surgeon, Dr Arpit Bansal, is a highly skilled surgeon. He performs minimally invasive or key hole surgery techniques, with very high success rates and low complication and mortality rates.
The Division of GI Surgery, GI Oncology, Minimal Access and Bariatric Surgery at JJ Group of Hospitals, is equipped with the most modern facilities and caries out almost all major GI, Hepatobiliary, Pancreatic procedures and has an active bariatric surgery programme. The department has its own gastrointestinal and liver Intensive Care Unit for sick patients.
Our aim is to be a care provider of first choice, for the referring physicians as well as for the patients who seek surgical management for gastroenterology and liver diseases.
- General Surgery & Surgical Super Specialties
- The Minimal Invasive Surgery Centre at “Jeevan Jyoti Hospital", the first of its kind in Allahabad is functioning with exclusive focus on evaluation, development and expansion of procedures / techniques in minimal invasive or key hole surgery.
- Infertility & IVF
- Infertility & IVF is well equipped and well managed department of Jeevan Jyoti Hospital. Infertility is usually defined as inability of a couple to conceive a child despite trying for one year of unprotected intercourse.
- Department of Oncology
- The Department of Oncology ( Cancer Department ) of Jeevan Jyoti Hospital has a comprehensive cancer care programme that follows trans-disciplinary and multi-modality approach in the field of adult and paediatric oncology.
- Obstetrics & Gynaecology
- Antenatal Care:
We offer antenatal checkups with antenatal and parent craft classes are specially designed for mother to be and fathers to be in preparing for the task ahead, both physically and psychologically.
- Well Women's Clinic
- Well women’s Clinic is basically a non-commercial global concept with a commitment to provide quality health care in a safe, nurturing environment to improve physical, psychological and emotional ‘well-being’ of women right from adolescence to menopause under one roof. It is committed to make women healthier and happier.
- Department of Dental
- The Department offers the following services:
- Cosmetic and Silver Restorations
- Root Canal Treatment and Crowns (Porcelain, Metal & Acrylic)
- Complete dentures, partial dentures, cast partial dentures and bridges
- Pediatrics & Neonatology
- The Department of Paediatrics & Neonatology offers comprehensive and advanced services to children. The department offer full-fledged in-patients and outpatient services.
- Internal Medicine & Medical Specialties
- Department of Internal Medicine at Jeevan Jyoti hospital has experienced and talented specialists to deal with all spectrums of diseases ranging from common cold to critical illnesses like septicemia & multi-organ dysfunction.
- What is Tele-Medicine?
Tele-Medicine generally refers to the use of communications and information technologies for the delivery of clinical care at remote places. It is the combination of technologies, medical practices and medical specialist organized and connected with each other to provide health care services.
- Diagnostic Services
- Jeevan Jyoti Hospital has the most sophisticated and advanced technologies for the diagnostic purposes. In the safe hands of the best team of doctors and technicians, these latest technologies yield excellent outcomes, which in turn help in the speedy recovery of the patients.
- Cardiac Care Unit
- The department of cardiology of JJH is managed by highly skilled cardiologist. The department is dedicated to provide profile access to common cardiac problems by conducting awareness programs and routine health checks to the beneficiaries.
- Nephrology Unit
- The department nephrology at Jeevan Jyoti Hospital is the pioneer department amongst the private hospitals of this region. We have round the clock emergency services in nephrology under supervision of senior consultant. The hospital is providing facilities of:
- Orthopaedics & Joint Replacement
- Jeevan Jyoti Hospital is providing its services in the field of Orthopedics & Joint Replacement at a comprehensive level and it includes treatment of trauma patients, fractures, joints, ligaments and soft tissues.
- Trauma Centre
- Accident & Emergency services at Jeevan Jyoti Hospital
Increasing modernization and traffic is dangerously increasing the density of vehicles per km which is leading to an increase in road traffic accidents. Deaths and permanent disability caused due to Trauma or Road Traffic Accidents can be prevented if the victim is brought to a well equipped Trauma Centre. Considering the frequent road mishaps, the government has planned to open the major trauma centre in the near vicinity of the highways.
- Department of ENT
- Our ENT Department is equipped with state of the art diagnostic and therapeutic modalities
- Department of Ophthalmology
- The Department is fully equipped with the latest state of the art equipment and has an extremely eminent faculty.
- Pulmonary Medicine
- Common diseases
- Department of Anaesthesiology
- The department of anaesthesia at Jeevan Jyoti hospital aims for enhancing quality of patient care not only in operation theatres and surgical intensive care unit but includes preoperative patient status evaluation and follow up after early postoperative recovery.