Head of Department - Dr. Arpit Bansal
The Minimal Invasive Surgery Centre at “Jeevan Jyoti Hospital", the first of its kind in Allahabad is functioning with exclusive focus on evaluation, development and expansion of procedures / techniques in minimal invasive or key hole surgery.
- We have fully functional state of the art Japanese and German Laparoscopic sets with a good supply of standby instruments.
- Routinely we are doing
- Basic Laparoscopic Surgeries like Cholecystectomy, Appendicectomy, Hernia repair, Hysterectomy, Ovarian cystectomy and Diagnostic Procedures.
- Advanced Laparoscopy of Bile Duct Stones, Kidney and Ureteric Diseases, Renal and Adrenal Tumors.
Operation Theatre Complex with Surgical ICU:
We have a sophisticated ultramodern theater complex equipped with latest state-of-the art technology adjacent to recovery wards with dedicated trained nurses to ensure a very close post operative monitoring.
Surgical ICU with 10 beds supported by a team of trained doctors available round the clock.
Day Care Surgery:
- Our advanced anesthetic and surgical techniques enable patient to go home on the same day after surgery.
- Day Care Hysterectomy (Removal of Uterus)
- Day Care Cholecystectomy (Removal of Gall Bladder)
Laparoscopic Gall Bladder Removal:
The gallbladder is a pear-shaped organ that rests beneath the right side of the liver. Its main purpose is to collect and concentrate a digestive liquid (bile) produced by the liver. Bile is released from the gallbladder after eating, aiding digestion. Bile travels through narrow tubular channels (bile ducts) into the small intestine. Removal of the gallbladder is not associated with any impairment of digestion in most people.
Causes of Gallbladder Problems:
Gallbladder problems are usually caused by the presence of gallstones: small hard masses consisting primarily of cholesterol and bile salts that form in the gallbladder or in the bile duct.
These stones may block the flow of the bile out of the gallbladder, causing it to swell and resulting in sharp abdominal pain, vomiting, indigestion and occasionally fever.
If the gallstone blocks the common bile duct, jaundice (a yellowing of the skin) can occur.
The Advantages of Performing the Procedure Laparoscopically:
- Rather than a five to seven inch incision, the operation requires only four small openings in the abdomen.
- Patients usually have minimal post-operative pain.
- Patients usually experience faster recovery than open gallbladder surgery patients.
- Most patients go home within one day and enjoy a quicker return to normal activities.
Laparoscopic Gallbladder Removal:
Under general anesthesia, so the patient is asleep throughout the procedure. The surgeon visualises the abdomen in the area of the belly-button.
A laparoscope, connected to a special camera is inserted through the cannula, giving the surgeon a magnified view of the patient’s internal organs on a monitor. Other cannulas are inserted to remove gallbladder from its attachments. If the surgeon finds one or more stones in the common bile duct, it may be removed with a special scope.
Laparoscopic Hernia Repair:
Laparoscopic Hernia Repair is now a established technique to fix tears in the abdominal wall (muscle) using small incision, telescopes and patch (mesh). It may offer quicker return to work and normal activities with decreased post operative pain.
This technique allows patient to enjoy a shorter recovery time and experience less post-operative discomfort.
The treatment of appendicitis is removal of the appendix (i.e appendicectomy). This can be done laparoscopically. Laparoscopic Appendicectomy is performed by making three tiny (3-5 mm) incision through which the telescope and instruments are introduced and the appendix is removed. The advantage of laparoscopy over open technique is that the patient goes home within one day after surgery with almost no pain in contrast to open surgery where the patient stays in the hospital for a longer time with pain requiring injectable pain killers and at the same time the entire diagnostic laparoscopy is also performed to rule out any other diseases.
- General Surgery & Surgical Super Specialties
- The Minimal Invasive Surgery Centre at “Jeevan Jyoti Hospital", the first of its kind in Allahabad is functioning with exclusive focus on evaluation, development and expansion of procedures / techniques in minimal invasive or key hole surgery.
- Infertility & IVF
- Infertility & IVF is well equipped and well managed department of Jeevan Jyoti Hospital. Infertility is usually defined as inability of a couple to conceive a child despite trying for one year of unprotected intercourse.
- Department of Oncology
- The Department of Oncology ( Cancer Department ) of Jeevan Jyoti Hospital has a comprehensive cancer care programme that follows trans-disciplinary and multi-modality approach in the field of adult and paediatric oncology.
- Obstetrics & Gynaecology
- Antenatal Care:
We offer antenatal checkups with antenatal and parent craft classes are specially designed for mother to be and fathers to be in preparing for the task ahead, both physically and psychologically.
- Well Women's Clinic
- Well women’s Clinic is basically a non-commercial global concept with a commitment to provide quality health care in a safe, nurturing environment to improve physical, psychological and emotional ‘well-being’ of women right from adolescence to menopause under one roof. It is committed to make women healthier and happier.
- Department of Dental
- The Department offers the following services:
- Cosmetic and Silver Restorations
- Root Canal Treatment and Crowns (Porcelain, Metal & Acrylic)
- Complete dentures, partial dentures, cast partial dentures and bridges
- Pediatrics & Neonatology
- The Department of Paediatrics & Neonatology offers comprehensive and advanced services to children. The department offer full-fledged in-patients and outpatient services.
- Internal Medicine & Medical Specialties
- Department of Internal Medicine at Jeevan Jyoti hospital has experienced and talented specialists to deal with all spectrums of diseases ranging from common cold to critical illnesses like septicemia & multi-organ dysfunction.
- What is Tele-Medicine?
Tele-Medicine generally refers to the use of communications and information technologies for the delivery of clinical care at remote places. It is the combination of technologies, medical practices and medical specialist organized and connected with each other to provide health care services.
- Diagnostic Services
- Jeevan Jyoti Hospital has the most sophisticated and advanced technologies for the diagnostic purposes. In the safe hands of the best team of doctors and technicians, these latest technologies yield excellent outcomes, which in turn help in the speedy recovery of the patients.
- Cardiac Care Unit
- The department of cardiology of JJH is managed by highly skilled cardiologist. The department is dedicated to provide profile access to common cardiac problems by conducting awareness programs and routine health checks to the beneficiaries.
- Nephrology Unit
- The department nephrology at Jeevan Jyoti Hospital is the pioneer department amongst the private hospitals of this region. We have round the clock emergency services in nephrology under supervision of senior consultant. The hospital is providing facilities of:
- Orthopaedics & Joint Replacement
- Jeevan Jyoti Hospital is providing its services in the field of Orthopedics & Joint Replacement at a comprehensive level and it includes treatment of trauma patients, fractures, joints, ligaments and soft tissues.
- Trauma Centre
- Accident & Emergency services at Jeevan Jyoti Hospital
Increasing modernization and traffic is dangerously increasing the density of vehicles per km which is leading to an increase in road traffic accidents. Deaths and permanent disability caused due to Trauma or Road Traffic Accidents can be prevented if the victim is brought to a well equipped Trauma Centre. Considering the frequent road mishaps, the government has planned to open the major trauma centre in the near vicinity of the highways.
- Department of ENT
- Our ENT Department is equipped with state of the art diagnostic and therapeutic modalities
- Department of Ophthalmology
- The Department is fully equipped with the latest state of the art equipment and has an extremely eminent faculty.
- Pulmonary Medicine
- Common diseases
- Department of Anaesthesiology
- The department of anaesthesia at Jeevan Jyoti hospital aims for enhancing quality of patient care not only in operation theatres and surgical intensive care unit but includes preoperative patient status evaluation and follow up after early postoperative recovery.