Jeevan Jyoti Hospital is providing its services in the field of Orthopedics & Joint Replacement at a comprehensive level and it includes treatment of trauma patients, fractures, joints, ligaments and soft tissues.
The correct and proper care of any orthopedic case makes significant difference in maintenance of the quality of life. We take care of all patients suffering from disabilities due to Joint problems and have been pioneer in starting total hip and knee replacement in this region.
Our orthopedic team comprises renowned surgeons, backed by specially trained nursing staff, occupational and physical therapists, medical and rehabilitative specialists. Facilities are available for advanced surgeries including endoscopic surgery, Bone Tumor and Osteotomy.
We offer the most comprehensive health care systems, latest treatments and technologies.
- Operation Theatre equipped with Laminar flow
- All varieties of modern instruments
- Image Intensifier
- Per operative monitoring
- Well equipped ICU for post operative care
- Total hip replacement
- Total knee replacement
- Arthroscopic surgery for disorders of knee, shoulder, elbow and ankle .
Trauma and Fracture Surgery
Ilizarov and External Fixator
- Management of open fractures
- Infected non-union of long bones
- Limb lengthening
- Correction of deformities
- Fixation Systems for fractures
- Surgery for correction of spinal deformities
- Surgery for tuberculosis
What is Osteo-Arthritis? Osteo-Arthritis is a Degenerative joint Disease involving Knee, Hip, Elbow wrist & other joint.
Who is prone to get Osteo-Arthritis?
- Middle Aged patient
- Women have greater tendency than man.
- One in three people over age of 60 years are prone.
What are the typical symptoms of Osteo Arthritis of Knee & hip?
- Early morning stiffness
- Restricted Range of movement of joint like difficulties on squatting & cross leg.
- Swelling of joint
What is the cause?
- Age over 40 years
- Hereditary condition
- Previous joint injury, trauma, infection
- Diseases of Joint
- Poor posture
How to make a Diagnosis?
- Physical Examination
- X-Ray, CT Scan, MRI
- On X-Ray – Loss of joint space
- New bone formation
- Inside Bowing of Knee joint
- Bony collapse
What is total Knee Replacement?
It is surgical removal of diseased portion of bone making knee joint and inserting an artificial metallic joint.
What is total Hip Replacement?
It is a surgical removal of diseased ball and socket and replacing them with a metal base and articular plastic cup.
Symptoms, that you may get rid from total joint replacement:
- Serve pain that limits your daily activities including walking, climbing stairs and getting in and out of chairs, difficulty on squatting cross leg.
- Moderate or severe knee & hip pain while resting either day or night.
- Chronic joint swelling that does not improve with rest or movement.
- Joint deformity.
- Knee & hip stiffness.
- Failure to obtain pain relief from pain killer drug.
Life of total knee & total hip replacement:
Average painless life of total joint replacement (hip & knee) is more than 15 years, but it may vary according to patient’s life style, body weight, obesity and type of artificial joint used.
What type of operation room is required for Total Joint Replacement?
Total joint replacement should be performed in a special type of operation room having all those facilities which reduce the infection rate.
How much movement is possible after TKR & THR?
It mainly depends on what type of implants is used but average range of movement after TKR is about 120 – 130 degree and after THR 100 – 120 degree. Patient after TKR & THR can sit easily on chair, walk normally and climb stairs without any support. With routine implants the patient is restricted to squat and sitting with legs crossed.
What type of implant generally used for TKR & THR?
These are several types of THR & TKR implant. Selection of implant depends on age of patient, severity of damage of joint and severity of deformity.
- General Surgery & Surgical Super Specialties
- The Minimal Invasive Surgery Centre at “Jeevan Jyoti Hospital", the first of its kind in Allahabad is functioning with exclusive focus on evaluation, development and expansion of procedures / techniques in minimal invasive or key hole surgery.
- Infertility & IVF
- Infertility & IVF is well equipped and well managed department of Jeevan Jyoti Hospital. Infertility is usually defined as inability of a couple to conceive a child despite trying for one year of unprotected intercourse.
- Department of Oncology
- The Department of Oncology ( Cancer Department ) of Jeevan Jyoti Hospital has a comprehensive cancer care programme that follows trans-disciplinary and multi-modality approach in the field of adult and paediatric oncology.
- Obstetrics & Gynaecology
- Antenatal Care:
We offer antenatal checkups with antenatal and parent craft classes are specially designed for mother to be and fathers to be in preparing for the task ahead, both physically and psychologically.
- Well Women's Clinic
- Well women’s Clinic is basically a non-commercial global concept with a commitment to provide quality health care in a safe, nurturing environment to improve physical, psychological and emotional ‘well-being’ of women right from adolescence to menopause under one roof. It is committed to make women healthier and happier.
- Department of Dental
- The Department offers the following services:
- Cosmetic and Silver Restorations
- Root Canal Treatment and Crowns (Porcelain, Metal & Acrylic)
- Complete dentures, partial dentures, cast partial dentures and bridges
- Pediatrics & Neonatology
- The Department of Paediatrics & Neonatology offers comprehensive and advanced services to children. The department offer full-fledged in-patients and outpatient services.
- Internal Medicine & Medical Specialties
- Department of Internal Medicine at Jeevan Jyoti hospital has experienced and talented specialists to deal with all spectrums of diseases ranging from common cold to critical illnesses like septicemia & multi-organ dysfunction.
- What is Tele-Medicine?
Tele-Medicine generally refers to the use of communications and information technologies for the delivery of clinical care at remote places. It is the combination of technologies, medical practices and medical specialist organized and connected with each other to provide health care services.
- Diagnostic Services
- Jeevan Jyoti Hospital has the most sophisticated and advanced technologies for the diagnostic purposes. In the safe hands of the best team of doctors and technicians, these latest technologies yield excellent outcomes, which in turn help in the speedy recovery of the patients.
- Cardiac Care Unit
- The department of cardiology of JJH is managed by highly skilled cardiologist. The department is dedicated to provide profile access to common cardiac problems by conducting awareness programs and routine health checks to the beneficiaries.
- Nephrology Unit
- The department nephrology at Jeevan Jyoti Hospital is the pioneer department amongst the private hospitals of this region. We have round the clock emergency services in nephrology under supervision of senior consultant. The hospital is providing facilities of:
- Orthopaedics & Joint Replacement
- Jeevan Jyoti Hospital is providing its services in the field of Orthopedics & Joint Replacement at a comprehensive level and it includes treatment of trauma patients, fractures, joints, ligaments and soft tissues.
- Trauma Centre
- Accident & Emergency services at Jeevan Jyoti Hospital
Increasing modernization and traffic is dangerously increasing the density of vehicles per km which is leading to an increase in road traffic accidents. Deaths and permanent disability caused due to Trauma or Road Traffic Accidents can be prevented if the victim is brought to a well equipped Trauma Centre. Considering the frequent road mishaps, the government has planned to open the major trauma centre in the near vicinity of the highways.
- Department of ENT
- Our ENT Department is equipped with state of the art diagnostic and therapeutic modalities
- Department of Ophthalmology
- The Department is fully equipped with the latest state of the art equipment and has an extremely eminent faculty.
- Pulmonary Medicine
- Common diseases
- Department of Anaesthesiology
- The department of anaesthesia at Jeevan Jyoti hospital aims for enhancing quality of patient care not only in operation theatres and surgical intensive care unit but includes preoperative patient status evaluation and follow up after early postoperative recovery.