Jeevan Jyoti Hospital is providing its services in the field of Orthopedics & Joint Replacement at a comprehensive level and it includes treatment of trauma patients, fractures, joints, ligaments and soft tissues.
The correct and proper care of any orthopedic case makes significant difference in maintenance of the quality of life. We take care of all patients suffering from disabilities due to Joint problems and have been pioneer in starting total hip and knee replacement in this region.
Our orthopedic team comprises renowned surgeons, backed by specially trained nursing staff, occupational and physical therapists, medical and rehabilitative specialists. Facilities are available for advanced surgeries including endoscopic surgery, Bone Tumor and Osteotomy.
We offer the most comprehensive health care systems, latest treatments and technologies.
- Operation Theatre equipped with Laminar flow
- All varieties of modern instruments
- Image Intensifier
- Per operative monitoring
- Well equipped ICU for post operative care
- Total hip replacement
- Total knee replacement
- Arthroscopic surgery for disorders of knee, shoulder, elbow and ankle .
Trauma and Fracture Surgery
Ilizarov and External Fixator
- Management of open fractures
- Infected non-union of long bones
- Limb lengthening
- Correction of deformities
- Fixation Systems for fractures
- Surgery for correction of spinal deformities
- Surgery for tuberculosis
What is Osteo-Arthritis? Osteo-Arthritis is a Degenerative joint Disease involving Knee, Hip, Elbow wrist & other joint.
Who is prone to get Osteo-Arthritis?
- Middle Aged patient
- Women have greater tendency than man.
- One in three people over age of 60 years are prone.
What are the typical symptoms of Osteo Arthritis of Knee & hip?
- Early morning stiffness
- Restricted Range of movement of joint like difficulties on squatting & cross leg.
- Swelling of joint
What is the cause?
- Age over 40 years
- Hereditary condition
- Previous joint injury, trauma, infection
- Diseases of Joint
- Poor posture
How to make a Diagnosis?
- Physical Examination
- X-Ray, CT Scan, MRI
- On X-Ray – Loss of joint space
- New bone formation
- Inside Bowing of Knee joint
- Bony collapse
What is total Knee Replacement?
It is surgical removal of diseased portion of bone making knee joint and inserting an artificial metallic joint.
What is total Hip Replacement?
It is a surgical removal of diseased ball and socket and replacing them with a metal base and articular plastic cup.
Symptoms, that you may get rid from total joint replacement:
- Serve pain that limits your daily activities including walking, climbing stairs and getting in and out of chairs, difficulty on squatting cross leg.
- Moderate or severe knee & hip pain while resting either day or night.
- Chronic joint swelling that does not improve with rest or movement.
- Joint deformity.
- Knee & hip stiffness.
- Failure to obtain pain relief from pain killer drug.
Life of total knee & total hip replacement:
Average painless life of total joint replacement (hip & knee) is more than 15 years, but it may vary according to patient’s life style, body weight, obesity and type of artificial joint used.
What type of operation room is required for Total Joint Replacement?
Total joint replacement should be performed in a special type of operation room having all those facilities which reduce the infection rate.
How much movement is possible after TKR & THR?
It mainly depends on what type of implants is used but average range of movement after TKR is about 120 – 130 degree and after THR 100 – 120 degree. Patient after TKR & THR can sit easily on chair, walk normally and climb stairs without any support. With routine implants the patient is restricted to squat and sitting with legs crossed.
What type of implant generally used for TKR & THR?
These are several types of THR & TKR implant. Selection of implant depends on age of patient, severity of damage of joint and severity of deformity.