Accident & Emergency services at Jeevan Jyoti Hospital
Increasing modernization and traffic is dangerously increasing the density of vehicles per km which is leading to an increase in road traffic accidents. Deaths and permanent disability caused due to Trauma or Road Traffic Accidents can be prevented if the victim is brought to a well equipped Trauma Centre. Considering the frequent road mishaps, the government has planned to open the major trauma centre in the near vicinity of the highways.
Jeevan Jyoti Hospital, Allahabad took an early initiative and has set up a well equipped and hi-tech trauma management system in keeping with its tradition of providing world -class facilities to the patients.
The trauma team takes charge of the situation. An ambulance equipped with life saving machines like ventilator, defibrillators, monitoring devices, oxygen supply, basic and advanced life support system, manned by trained personnel would be on the way within few minutes.
- The trauma team determines the severity of injury, injury specific to body parts and identification of high risk patients.
- The injured patients are immediately put on life support system in the ambulance and the treatment starts at the site of accident itself. The patient is moved to the hospital for definite and final treatment.
- Specialized personnel and services available 24 hours a day
- Dedicated trauma surgeons & their team, highly skilled in treating injuries and providing tertiary care facilities are ready at the hospital facilitating early diagnosis, surgery and critical supportive care.
- Well-equipped emergency room having eight dedicated triage beds with all equipments for resuscitation at bedside.
- Twenty bed high dependency unit for continuous care after resuscitation till they are fit enough to be shifted to rooms/ICU.
- Dedicated OT for all life saving procedures.
- State of the art diagnostic centre.
- Immediate availability of all specialists and super specialist doctors.
- Supported by well qualified nurses and paramedics.
- Physical and occupational therapist to facilitate rehabilitation.
- Dietary services to cater to individual patients needs.
The Golden Hour:
In accident victims, the first hour after accident is considered the 'Golden Hour'. It is critical in accident patients that the time gap between the accident and the definitive treatment is minimized. This can help in saving precious lives. It is made possible by our dedicated trauma service unit where patient is quickly evaluated and moves through diagnostics and gets the final treatment within the golden hour.