The department of urology deals with the management of urinary stone, cancer of the urinary tract and male genital tract, enlargement of the prostate gland, male infertility, urinary tract infection and urinary incontinence. With recent advances in science and technology, a number of surgical procedures in urology do not involve open surgery
- Endoscopic Surgery
- for stone disease – no more surgery – cutting / opening
- Obstructive Lesions of the Kidney
- Outlet Obstruction
- Vasular access surgery for dialysis
- BHP, Stricture, Posterior Urethral Valve
- Female urology problems
- SUI (Stress Urine Incontinence), Cystocoele
- Infertility Management
- Impotence Management
- Laparoscopic Surgery
- For Nephrectomy, Renal Cyst
- For Cancer surgery of Urogenital system
- Laparoscopic Pyeloplasty for hydronephrosis
- Undescended testes (Lap Orcheopexy)
- Total Cystectomy
- Other congenital anomalies like hypospadias, ectopic ureter, ectopia vesicae etc
- Emergency urology services/ varieties of urinary fistula
All aspects of Endourology (surgery through a telescope, which does not require open procedures) including treatment of prostate (TURP), bladder cancers (TURBT), urethral strictures, kidney and ureteric stones (PCNL & URS) are available.
A painless OPD procedure of treating kidney and urinary tract stones without surgery using one of the best machines available for the purpose. The positioning, focusing and delivery of shock waves are all controlled by advanced computerized system with safety cutoffs to prevent damage by human error.
Facts about Lithotripsy:Question: What is Lithotripsy?
Answer: It is the scientific and non-invasive procedure to disintegrate stones in Kidney, Ureter and Bladder without surgery.
Question: What is ESWL?
Answer: ESWL is short form of Extra Corporeal (outside the body) Stock Wave Lithotripsy (breaking up of stones). This procedure breaks up the stones in kidney and ureters without surgery into fine sand like particles which subsequently pass out with urine. This procedure is being widely and successfully used in U.S.A., U.K., Germany and other European countries since 1980. It is considered to be the most superior, safe, modern and scientific procedure of removing stones and is approved by the health authorities all over the world. Over 50 lakh patients have already been treated by over 800 installations all over the world.
Question: What are the advantages of ESWL over open surgery?
Answer: (i) No cutting, hence no long incisions and ugly scars.
(ii) No damage to kidney or other vital organs.
(iii) Internationally popular procedure.
(iv) Early resumption of normal activities.
(v) Method of choice for treatment of recurrent stones as repeated surgery often results in kidney removal or damage.
(vi) No need for blood transfusion, avoids serious hazards e.g. hepatitis and AIDS.
(vii) Patients, unfit for surgery due to medical reasons, can be safely treated.
(viii) Unparallel safety-oldest patient treated was aged 90 years.
Question: What types of stones can be treated?
Answer: Single and multiple stones of various chemical compositions, size and shapes can now be disintegrated. Till recently major surgery with its risks was the only answer.
Question: Can recurrent stones be treated?
Answer: This is the procedure of choice for recurrent stones, as repeated surgery is often difficult, hazardous and sometimes results in removal of the kidney.
Question: What preparations are required for Lithotripsy?
Answer: Routine check-up and usual investigations are required (as advised by your physician / surgeon / urologist).
Question: How long does the treatment take and what is the duration of hospital stay?
Answer: Average sitting takes 30 – 40 minutes depending on the size and number of stones and usually no hospital stay is required.
Question: Weather elderly patients and patients suffering from other medical problems can be treated?
Answer: Patients ranging from infants to aged, as well as, those who are not fit for surgery, due to heart diseases, hypertension, diabetes, respiratory disorders, kidney failure etc. can be treated safely by this procedure.
Question: What happens after the stone is fragmented?
Answer: The stone is fragmented into very fine particles. The patient is asked to drink plenty of fluids. The fragmented particles pass out with urine.
Question: What are the provisions for pre and post Lithotripsy follow up?
Answer: Adequate facilities for follow up are available at the centre.
Question: Who will impart the treatment?
Answer: The treatment will be carried out by a team of eminent Doctors, under direct supervision of qualified, trained Urologist. The cost of treatment various depending upon the size of stone and ancillary procedures required.
Question: Is it true that the stone are left behind or reform after lithotripsy treatment?
Answer: No, lithotripsy alone never causes stone reformation. Stone disease is known for recurrence, irrespective of the treatment modality.
Question: Is lithotripsy (ESWL), an answer to all stones?
Answer: Yes, Lithotripsy can break all stones. If any stone is retained we give complete clearance as a package without any charge.
Question: What are the chances of success of stone treatment by ESWL?
Answer: ESWL is the ideal treatment in carefully selected patient. However, there are 8 - 10% chances of the non fragmentation, because of the typical composition of stone. All these patients shall be declared as failure, after 3 sessions & they shall be offered either IPCN.L/ open surgery depending upon the situation.
- General Surgery & Surgical Super Specialties
- The Minimal Invasive Surgery Centre at “Jeevan Jyoti Hospital", the first of its kind in Allahabad is functioning with exclusive focus on evaluation, development and expansion of procedures / techniques in minimal invasive or key hole surgery.
- Infertility & IVF
- Infertility & IVF is well equipped and well managed department of Jeevan Jyoti Hospital. Infertility is usually defined as inability of a couple to conceive a child despite trying for one year of unprotected intercourse.
- Department of Oncology
- The Department of Oncology ( Cancer Department ) of Jeevan Jyoti Hospital has a comprehensive cancer care programme that follows trans-disciplinary and multi-modality approach in the field of adult and paediatric oncology.
- Obstetrics & Gynaecology
- Antenatal Care:
We offer antenatal checkups with antenatal and parent craft classes are specially designed for mother to be and fathers to be in preparing for the task ahead, both physically and psychologically.
- Well Women's Clinic
- Well women’s Clinic is basically a non-commercial global concept with a commitment to provide quality health care in a safe, nurturing environment to improve physical, psychological and emotional ‘well-being’ of women right from adolescence to menopause under one roof. It is committed to make women healthier and happier.
- Department of Dental
- The Department offers the following services:
- Cosmetic and Silver Restorations
- Root Canal Treatment and Crowns (Porcelain, Metal & Acrylic)
- Complete dentures, partial dentures, cast partial dentures and bridges
- Pediatrics & Neonatology
- The Department of Paediatrics & Neonatology offers comprehensive and advanced services to children. The department offer full-fledged in-patients and outpatient services.
- Internal Medicine & Medical Specialties
- Department of Internal Medicine at Jeevan Jyoti hospital has experienced and talented specialists to deal with all spectrums of diseases ranging from common cold to critical illnesses like septicemia & multi-organ dysfunction.
- What is Tele-Medicine?
Tele-Medicine generally refers to the use of communications and information technologies for the delivery of clinical care at remote places. It is the combination of technologies, medical practices and medical specialist organized and connected with each other to provide health care services.
- Diagnostic Services
- Jeevan Jyoti Hospital has the most sophisticated and advanced technologies for the diagnostic purposes. In the safe hands of the best team of doctors and technicians, these latest technologies yield excellent outcomes, which in turn help in the speedy recovery of the patients.
- Cardiac Care Unit
- The department of cardiology of JJH is managed by highly skilled cardiologist. The department is dedicated to provide profile access to common cardiac problems by conducting awareness programs and routine health checks to the beneficiaries.
- Nephrology Unit
- The department nephrology at Jeevan Jyoti Hospital is the pioneer department amongst the private hospitals of this region. We have round the clock emergency services in nephrology under supervision of senior consultant. The hospital is providing facilities of:
- Orthopaedics & Joint Replacement
- Jeevan Jyoti Hospital is providing its services in the field of Orthopedics & Joint Replacement at a comprehensive level and it includes treatment of trauma patients, fractures, joints, ligaments and soft tissues.
- Trauma Centre
- Accident & Emergency services at Jeevan Jyoti Hospital
Increasing modernization and traffic is dangerously increasing the density of vehicles per km which is leading to an increase in road traffic accidents. Deaths and permanent disability caused due to Trauma or Road Traffic Accidents can be prevented if the victim is brought to a well equipped Trauma Centre. Considering the frequent road mishaps, the government has planned to open the major trauma centre in the near vicinity of the highways.
- Department of ENT
- Our ENT Department is equipped with state of the art diagnostic and therapeutic modalities
- Department of Ophthalmology
- The Department is fully equipped with the latest state of the art equipment and has an extremely eminent faculty.
- Pulmonary Medicine
- Common diseases
- Department of Anaesthesiology
- The department of anaesthesia at Jeevan Jyoti hospital aims for enhancing quality of patient care not only in operation theatres and surgical intensive care unit but includes preoperative patient status evaluation and follow up after early postoperative recovery.